PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 3
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 3
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2006, 13:14
SeamusCVT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although passenger numbers are down YOY for Summer 2006 at CVT (due to reduction in number of flights), the load factor has increased. 75% in 2005, 84% 2006. Please note this information is for scheduled season flying...end March through to end October. Lord knows what kind of yield/revenue that has produced if any to attract the bums on seats.

Winter promises to be better than last year, with the runway open every day of TOM operations (2005 was resurfaced meaning late evening, Day 1 arrivals, all Day 2 and Day 3 departures and arrivals, and early morning Day 4 departures went from EMA), and VLC is operating throughout all of Winter, rather than having a gap between mid-November and early February. There, thats enough from me about CVT on the BHX thread...just wanted to show my support

Re shoes, I felt more comfortable as a passenger, with everyone having shoes taken off and checked at the height of the security alerts in August...to be honest now I would feel more comfortable if all shoes were checked today...terrorists can strike at any time, anywhere, not just at holiday season in the Government's and British Airways' Utopia of London...so well done to Birmingham airport for thinking about the safety of passengers.

Last edited by SeamusCVT; 12th Nov 2006 at 13:17. Reason: Grammatical Error