PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - upgrade failure rates / sacked while in trainig
Old 12th Nov 2006, 11:39
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Kiwi...was that a freudian slip when you said "kicked the habbit" when you meant to say "kicked the hobbit"??????

Five Green....well said! You have to wonder at a system that keeps failing, well I dont' know exactly but lets say 30-50% of courses, for years on end and never looks up the phrase "systemic problem"!

I don't have any immediate solution in mind...flexresponse sounds ex military....in the military the culture was definitely training(non threatening) on a daily basis so that by the time you came up for any upgrade it was a no brainer! There should be an amnesty....only your reports for the last 2 years count...delete everything before! And double the number of sims when you are within the last 2 years of any major upgrade(half unassessable)! Of course this will never happen as it costs money and we are training capacity constrained. I think it is like CX medical policy...it is statistically cheaper to pay the medical expenses of a wife with cervical cancer than it is to pay for pap smears! Great logic if you don't give a sh@# about people, only money!

PS Flying Kiwi, thanks for explaining the JFO thing...I might see if I can quantify this. If you have any ideas/help let me know, cheers