PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 12th Nov 2006, 11:29
oapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bonding

Anyone care to speculate what the position will be regarding bonding?

Lets face it, at some stage for the common good, BA Con will cease to exist and we will all be merged into one big (hopefully mainly happy, if everyone tries to get whats best and fairest for all..) family.

I guess at some stage in this process we will move to the Q400 (and for a lucky few) the E195, and our current bonds will become void. So what's the deal if you have the Q300 on your licence, which I imagine many of us have, but not current.

Do we need to take a full conversion course for the Q400, or is it just a differences course, which I guess would require a minimal bond. Also, could a new employer force us to take a fresh bond for the whole conversion if only a differences is required?

Not looking to stir the sh1te with this, just a genuine query.

I still hope that both pilot communities can pull together on this lumping together of what are two large airlines, and if BALPA, and the new management take a sensible view about building a stable long term alternative to the jet only LOCOs, we can all have a part of something different and exciting, hopefully without too much pain, for anyone. There is enough of that around for our ground services colleagues at the moment.

No one saw this coming, but at BA Con we knew something had to give, so some change was inevitable. Some of our folks will walk for whatever reason, and those that do good luck and be successful. For those on both sides of the fence that want to just see the dust settle and some meat put on the bones of the plan, please lets act like the professionals we are and avoid points scoring and barrier building. God knows we've suffered enough in the past from one side being played off against the other by the management, and you can guess who the only winners will be if thats the case.

Here's hoping for a new, aggressive and strong airline that we can all be proud of, and want to stay at and make work, not because there is a gun to your head, but because you get a fair days pay and decent and sustainable Ts & Cs, in return for a fair days work.

OAP