PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 11th Nov 2006, 12:39
The Little Prince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Wee Weazley Welshman

Apologies if that offended - I didn't mean it as a comment on either company in any sort of professionally comparable terms of any sort. I have mates with both, some who slag each off, and some who think each is a top operator. I merely meant to show the direction most likely to be taken by people who have the desire and the ability to move on.

Incidentally, I note iwht interest a previous post about numbers. That had actually crossed my mind - the fact that the total number of bacons exceeded considearbly the planned expansion. I have no idea how accurate those numbers are, but there does seem to be an imbalance. A realist may therefore presume that Jim and the lads will not be unhappy to see Baconeers ride away into the sunset, the more so because there will then be no possible redundancy costs. This the real world gents, sh1t happens all the time, and we are collectively no different to train drivers or assembly line workes as far as the laws of economics work. The one thing we never ever do is take any action; that's the only thing I admire about BA, their pilots do, often, act together to protect their jobs and Ts/Cs. That's why they are, or were, the best in the industry. You watch how they make old Willie step backwards over the pension issue, I still don't think he's a believer, but he will be in six months! We had several opportunities to achieve a similar result, but we bottled it every time - that was one of the final reasons I jacked it in and moved here - there was never going to be any improvement and the writing (which had been on the wall almost from the start) was being outlined in red an highlighted electrically for all to see.
BTW again, out new Head of Training is another top bloke, ex Manx/BRAL, and very talented. Just shows that not all of us had our heads in the sand, and that there's a great life outside BACX/BACON.
I do hope people will see the realities.