PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement letter
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2006, 09:09
chrisbl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Janspeed
OH I forgot one thing Crisbl, Whinging Pilots are the management's worst nightmare, of course they would want all pilots & co. to shut up, it makes it easier to sink the industry even more!
Of course if you are part of the "New Generation" of "pilots" then you would bend over for Mr. CEO & co.!! (as said quite well in some posts!)
Thks
I dont think anyone these days doesnot compalin about their lot and I suspect the CEOs of the world are the same. Everything is changing too fast, respect has gone as has notions of esteems.

That is the problem of society not the industry and what ever walk of life we are in it begins to reflect society.

Maybe 30 years ago pilots were considered as gods by the public when air travel was a rare thing, perhaps too many believed pilots beieved the myth too.

Now everyone travels by air and it is so normal then the myth has gone and pilots are just "bus" drivers.

The thing I hear from pilots is the same I hear from ex military and the same as from every generation. Things are not like they used to be.

Accept it and move on. The airline industry is not immune from the changes in society and with the challenges ahead over dealing with global warming etc it is likely in for some even bigger changes. In another 10 years time people will be saying the same about how it's not the same etc.