PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Interview (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2006, 09:09
UAXCAPT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do not intend to call you a liar or anything but:

1.I find it hard to believe that you are flying up to 220 hrs /month..
2.2000 BD for the amount of flying you are claiming does not fly.
3.If you feel cheated why don''t you go somewhere else? Air Arabia will pay you better than this.. 7600 USD/ Month.

I don't write here often nor complain and until recently I was hopeful.

I am an expat FO 320, I really want to (or I should say wanted to) stay and work in Bahrain longer but it come to the point now that I cannot even financially afford to do it anymore regardless how much I want to.

Dear Ironbutt, usually I agree with most of your comments but when you call 320 FO's Eurobrats it upsets me. I want to let you know about my situation which I believe will reflect many Expat FO's situation.
  • I worked hard to get this job and I worked and paid for all my training, of course I got lots of loans to pay and have a family to support.
  • I have a mortgage which is tied to euro and BD lost it's value against dollar about 30 % in the last 2 years.
  • I choose Middle East airline because I thought I can work hard and earn good so I will be out of dept quicker.
  • I volunteer to fly every single day that I am off, I try to stay in bahrain at least half of my leave everytime and volunteer to fly.
  • My average time away is 150 - 220 hours a month, my typical flight day is Bah - Doh - Bah - Dmm - Bah.
  • Couple of times in front of my eyes Local pilots called their mates in rostering and changed their rosters according to their needs.
  • I have no idea when or if I will ever be offered to fly 330/340
  • My monthly salary is hardly hits 2000BD. It's generally 1800BD - 1900 BD
  • You call me RAT and spoiled Eurobrat, but I dont' think as a Training Captain in 767 with the income of double what I earn you can neither emphatise nor capable of symphatising with me. I don't feel like a RAT. I feel as a person who is lied to and cheated on. I do not know who to talk or complain about my problems. So I just write it here to get it out of my chest. I know life is not fair but I believe we should do our best to make it fair for EVERYONE.
Thanks for your time.[/quote]