PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sa Atc- Acc Jhb - Staffing
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2006, 07:34
Africa Headset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Same old story resignations and money , the poor JHB Controllers , my question is what are we doing about it except complain?
Mr “Voice of the People” where are you, blaming Management, Solidarity and GATCSA! The last shop steward election was pathetic to say the least (No interest from Members to vote or participate at all) and it was concluded not even 2 weeks ago.
Yes there are a lot of things that needs attention, complaining about it will not help at all, get involved with the so called s t union and try and make a deference. O sorry we don’t do that we just complain and blame! Thank You Solidarity for the 8% increase we got this year considering the CPIX was below 5% at that stage I think they did an admirable job seeing that there are so many Controllers willing to be shop stewards.
Yes, I agree controllers should be paid more and it is a pity that our controllers are leaving to the Middle East for more money . I have heard that their conditions (Management) are not that nice either, the cheque to eat up the s t is just bigger.
Can controllers stand together and make a deference? No I don’t think so. Good luck to the new shop stewards and the GATCSA EB (enjoy the JW Blue) , at least you guy’s and girls are trying to better the situation for us and some of us are grateful.