PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Temporary FAA Licence based of JAA PPL
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2006, 20:48
Speedbird48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA Validation.

Hi Paris Dakar,

I would ask if you were familiar with the FAR's, or even had a copy, to show the people at Bermuda Dunes that you were indeed current and legal?

You made the point that they didn't know what they were talking about, but did you help yourself?? When I appear at Redhill or Popham do they know what my US certificates relate to under UK law? I take a copy of the regulation with me.

There are times when you have to help yourself a little and attitude is everything.

A call to the local FSDO would have cleared it up "IF" they wanted to rent to you. Please remember it is not a right and they don't have to let you have their airplane. Not good business but true never the less.

You are also quite right that being a backwater may have been the problem. whereas one of the larger fields near international airports have seen it and done it all before.

Please come and enjoy our very fortunate way of aviation. Some of us are here to help you??

If you guys need help I would be happy to give guidance but I think it should be via a PM.