PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excel Airways
Thread: Excel Airways
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2006, 15:38
beauport potato man

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Saw the memo from KH.... interesting stuff.

I believe the company has signed a 'letter of intent' for Jubilee but unless you have seen something else with you own eyes then i guess we have to take their word for it.
A letter of intent is in no way a solid formal binding contract. It does however allow the company to register its interest.

God knows if this is true or not, but i've seen nothing to the contrary and don't believe anyone else has either. Perhaps we'll never know.

As for commands... you suggest the CAA is happy with GB's 'adjusting the requirements' (i'm not sure if they have...) and is turning a blind eye to increasing ASR's.

That's a very serious allegation.

Can you help me out by putting some numbers to that ie. By how much the command requirements have changed? The number of ASR's? (there was a huge increase in ASR's when BA introduced flight monitoring as everybody was covering their backs. Same at GB. If you look at the subject and content of the ASR's then you'll find it hard to back up the allegation of 'slipping standards')

As for the wet lease, seymour fanny maybe right. But it would be a huge oversight by the company not to realise this???
How do they get around the day to day subbing out of flights? Is it therefore a time limited thing?

If seymour fanny is right then there was an illegal flight today as Excel carried out a GB flight under a BA flight number to ALC.
Call the cops.

BPM