PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADC Flight 53 Accident + Investigation
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2006, 15:38
Capt. Manuvar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ADK 053 accident is a really unfortunate and came at a really bad time for the company as they were on the way up. The company had acquired 2 X B737-300s on a 6 month wet lease from Europe that are supposed to be in the country as we speak but have been delayed due to suspension of the airline's AOC by his emminence Baba-Lover Boris Shady the first. The company had also bought 2 X B737-300s that are in about to be inspected and are looking for two more. Top management also claim to have ordered B737-700s for delivery 2 years from now, but na when i see dat one i go believe am.
The cause of the crash is still uncertain but windshear seems likely. An unconfirmed report from the crash site indicates that the thrust levers firewalled. ADC may get their AOC soon since most of the preliminary government investigations have not found the airline culpable. But they have an uphill task ahead of them when it comes to getting back their pax.
As for the abuja ATC, don't get me started. Unlike Lagos approach, inbound traffic must pass on all details to them on initial contact, then you must always remind them to turn you to hdg 180 or you'll go right through the localiser of ILS 22. Final at about 2 miles to touch down you have to ask them if it ok to contact the tower, switch over to tower only to find out that chanchangi has been cleared for takeoff. There is absolutely zero coordination between approach and tower and anybody else coming to think of it. Then in 800m visibility (more like 200m) they'll ask you to report runway in sight before they clear you to land.

Last edited by Capt. Manuvar; 10th Nov 2006 at 15:53.