PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Donated Bone Marrow or Blood Stem Cells?
Old 10th Nov 2006, 13:37
BALIX
I'm Just A Lawnmower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BDiONU
My ex-wife donated in this way in 1989. Was no big deal and out of hospital walking around next day. No visible marks after a couple of weeks. Unfortunately the recipient never made it
BD
Well BDiONU, the method I went trough was less invasive than bone marrow donation and I was walking about at the end of the procedure. In fact I was glad to wak about as over five hours sitting still on a bed is a long time... Sad about your ex's recipient. The rule regarding anonimity have changed since then and all I know about the recipient of my cells is that he is a male adult.

pulse1

I suppose it is a selfless act but as far as I'm concerned it is just a case of them finding me to be a match and me doing it. I was a bit apprehensive about being used as a pin cushion but as I kept reminding myself, that is nothing as to what the recipient has been through. I hope that if it is found to be beneficial for you to receive either marrow or blood stem cells, a good match can be found. Good luck mate