PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 3
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 3
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2006, 13:04
banotok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Runway extension? - DONT MAKE ME LAUGH

With the NEC, NIA, ICC in Birmingham, also being at the hub of the nations road AND rail networks and also with one of the best integrated "train to plane" facilities in the UK; why on earth would BHX need a runway extension (NOT!!!)

The reality of the situation is that the lack of a runway extension is the single most important factor holding back the economic regeneration of our region to take its place in the 21st century providing jobs and security as it did in the 19th and 20th centuries. The very nature of the Global Village insists on a fully functioning airport, imagine the seaports refusing to expand as needed, its unimaginable. The old industries may be gone or dying but there are new ones out there!

Apart from the fact that European and Wordwide air travel is an integral part of the lives of most people nowadays (yes BHX, management and owners, that includes the approx 5 million people who live in the Birmingham conurbation and its surrounds) and as everyone knows new airlines and routes bring jobs and prosperity.

The question should be: WHY hasn't it happened! Yet we are stuck with WHEN will it happen.

Still we are talking BHX management here, I doubt its on their agenda or that they even discuss it.

Mind you I've just thought of something; maybe they think the runway extension HAS happened and they just can't understand why airlines are queueing up to come here.