PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maxjet
Thread: Maxjet
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2006, 10:24
xxx5572

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this the beginning of the end??

With Maxjet now one year old and people not having too many bad things to say about it a few cracks are beginning to appear.

On wed 8th Nov, The inbound maxjet pulled onto stand and as the jutbridge was just put on someone decided to open the right hand side door but forgot to dissarm the door!! consequently the slide deployed to many peoples ammusement that saw it happen! However its been the knock on effect of this that has really given a poor image. They then had to wait for their other aircraft to arrive to put the mornings NY pax on that flight delaying them by some time to then delay the afternoon washington flight.........later on the engineers at STN said it could not be fixed here so had to fly it empty to Washinton to fix it, meaning that WASH flight was cancelled. However it does not end there, as it had to fly back to operate the morning flight to NY on 9/11/06 it delayed it by 7 hours. when the aircraft finnaly arrived the already delayed pax were told that it had gone tech and after waiting all day they were bussed off to a hotel. and i can only imagine how angry some of those people were.

Im not sure if this week has just been particularly bad but i do know similar incidents like this have occured before and can only imagine with word of mouth being a good seller to companies that the word amongst prospective maxjet passengers is not all that good. After all these passengers are all probably regular United, BA, business class travelers and have given the new kid on the block a go but i think for many of these people it will be thier first and last time as they are Business people and they need to be somewere promtly and the service delivery is not upto standard.
I think they really need to get a new aircraft in use as they are now serving 3 destinations with 2 aircraft of which one of them needs constant attention to it and is always going tech.

Only time will tell but seems as if EOS is coming up on top here.