PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Interview (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2006, 08:19
Heleheleyani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,

I don't write here often nor complain and until recently I was hopeful.

I am an expat FO 320, I really want to (or I should say wanted to) stay and work in Bahrain longer but it come to the point now that I cannot even financially afford to do it anymore regardless how much I want to.

Dear Ironbutt, usually I agree with most of your comments but when you call 320 FO's Eurobrats it upsets me. I want to let you know about my situation which I believe will reflect many Expat FO's situation.
  • I worked hard to get this job and I worked and paid for all my training, of course I got lots of loans to pay and have a family to support.
  • I have a mortgage which is tied to euro and BD lost it's value against dollar about 30 % in the last 2 years.
  • I choose Middle East airline because I thought I can work hard and earn good so I will be out of dept quicker.
  • I volunteer to fly every single day that I am off, I try to stay in bahrain at least half of my leave everytime and volunteer to fly.
  • My average time away is 150 - 220 hours a month, my typical flight day is Bah - Doh - Bah - Dmm - Bah.
  • Couple of times in front of my eyes Local pilots called their mates in rostering and changed their rosters according to their needs.
  • I have no idea when or if I will ever be offered to fly 330/340
  • My monthly salary is hardly hits 2000BD. It's generally 1800BD - 1900 BD
  • You call me RAT and spoiled Eurobrat, but I dont' think as a Training Captain in 767 with the income of double what I earn you can neither emphatise nor capable of symphatising with me. I don't feel like a RAT. I feel as a person who is lied to and cheated on. I do not know who to talk or complain about my problems. So I just write it here to get it out of my chest. I know life is not fair but I believe we should do our best to make it fair for EVERYONE.
Thanks for your time.