PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement letter
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2006, 04:32
JustAnothrWindScreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stilton
As to age 60 the impending change and the supporters thereof , my thoughts are:
You knew what the retirement age was when you joined.
Notwithstanding the brutal financial hits we have all had to take after 9-11, we all took those hits.
You moved up,on the seniority list in your career because those above you reached 60 and puttered off.
Now you want to change the rules, purely to (slightly) benefit yourselves financially whilst royally screwing those beneath you waiting for their 'turn'
Get a life, bugger off and live longer.
I retire in less than a month at age 60. If they changed the age I would retire anyway. But in the not too distant future when the age limit is changed, it is my speculation that all those that are now screaming and yelling about age 60 will fly over that age. My my, they were hired knowing age 60 was the limit, screamed and yelled for everyone infront of them to retire, but low and behold they will hang on to every last second. In my opinion looking at human nature over the last 60 or so years, it is always those that SCREAM and YELL the loudest about something that do that precise thing when it comes to them.

When my first carrier was severely damaged, I had to commute to another city as my base got closed. Stayed with an ex Air Force bud that worked for Frank Lorenzo. During the whole time I commuted down there we would go out to breakfast with a group of 5 or 6 friends. All except 1 would SCREAM and YELL about me not going to work for NY Air or Continental if my carrier folded even though they knew I would be out of work. My carrier folded and I found a job at the bottem of an upstart paying almost nothing. When Continental went Chapter 11 guess who crossed the line the first day. YEP.. all those that SCREAMED and YELLED the loudest. The 1 friend who just did his job and didnt tell me or others what to do quit and got another job elsewhere. I have never seen this scenario fail ever. So all you SCREAMING and YELLING about those in front of you retiring at 60, remember you signed on for the same deal and I expect you to retire at 60 even though I know you won't.