PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - upgrade failure rates / sacked while in trainig
Old 10th Nov 2006, 01:30
flyingkiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I for one hope Five green is going for C&T soon. The more guys that know the system and the issues assosiated with massive ERAS reports the better.

The best check i had was with a checker that saw my mistake reemed me out for it abused me some more told me never to let him catch me doing it again and left it at that the ERAS reflected the otherwise really good check.... Ill tell you what i kicked the habbit pretty fast.. What good is it to give a guy a one off low mark that could and would have delayed a promotion 6 months down the track. (it was my PC prior to the QL)

Regarding failing guys QLs for monetery gain this system is as follows.

Once you do your check to line as a JFO the clock starts ticking , 6 months after the check you become eledgiable for upgrade to FO, they will then roster you for the QL, this can take up to a few months to be rostered and actually happen because you are the lowest priority for a check, (legaly you are still not due for one for 6 months) If you pass the QL then no matter when you sit it you will be back paid FO salery to that 6 month mark. However if you fail the QL then you continue on JFO wages for another 3 months which is when they will reschedual another QL.

The big issue is that you endup doing exactly the same flying, except the odd Melbourne and Sydney trips.

Guys put the accusation up that it its money savings because the company does not just look at the QL line check they do a full review of your last RTPC and any other progress flights you have done. If you have erred anywhere they will knock you back first time. Even if they have just had a fantastic line check.

I remember going up to the third floor to work out my QL and talking to one of the training managers he said "hmmm flyingkiwi let me see..... i see this is going to be your first QL......" I looked up in shock and asked are you planning on giving me more than one at which point he started back pedaling, but it really gave me the impression it is just a normal thing to knock guys back first time. and yes to answer the question it saves them a lot of money, i reckon in my case had i failed first time i would have lost 85k, 2.5 months back pay, 3 months more on the JFO salery and 13th month being based on JFO not FO pay.

Hope this gives a clearer idea.