PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Check in staff / passenger service agents pay. (What scraps are you thrown)
Old 9th Nov 2006, 23:07
ringleader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check in staff / passenger service agents pay. (What scraps are you thrown)

My first post, so go easy.

Based at NCL for the circus im payed £5.30-something + £0.70-something pence per hour shift allowance.
Not very impressive, but i'm wondering if anyone else can relate to this.

Let me know how much you are being payed, and what you would believe to be a more fair/reasonable amount.

Given recent security events I would consider this job to be more important than ever, and not somewhere for airlines to cut budgetary corners. On average, airline customers will interact with ground agents more than with cc, anyone travelling with an airline is likely to be impressed upon more by the low paid passenger agents than any direct employee of the actual airline (especially in the case of delays). Surely it is in the airlines' best interests to ensure that handling companies are paying their staff fairly.

Read alot of posts on here, the travel industry is a great sector to work in and it's very often fun, however, for the times when its a pain in the a*** it would be nice to be paid more than the equivalent of 2 car parking spaces in the short stay area per hour.