PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement letter
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2006, 22:59
AlR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NWA (not worth anything)

As told to me by my one of socializing buddies, after he informed me of his retirement from the U.S.'s fifth largest bankrupt aircarrier.

Left NWA on an "early-out" a while back. Been doing part time work in Aviation, pipe and powerline patroling, and doing my best to keep F-street station in business. Having the time of my life while working less hours and bringing home more $$. Just read where NWA management is tracking all crews that fly over projected trip times and hitting them with threats of job action. Also, just heard that if you work the holidays you will get a $50 dollar stippend. After Taxes and the Worthlessman's hit money, that comes out to about $27.50.

Left NWA early when I asked the lead F/A to come forward and monitor the Cockpit door (hence known as flight deck) whilst I drained the ole monkey. After waiting sometime I once again queeried the ole gal and asked where she was. She informed me that there was a considerable lineup at the forward head and I should just come back and get in line as it would be quicker. I restrained my reply and said "look darling, you are to seat all the pax immeadiately and come forward now". Several days later I received a note to go see the infamous EOE bitch in H/R, followed shortly thereafter by an early retirement.

Wish all my past fellow pilots at NWA best of luck, but until you remove the beach boy group from the front office and the "worthless man" from ALPA life will continue to deteriorate. It's a prime example of "man feeding on his fellow man" in order to better themselves at your expense.

Once you get your head out of the fan blades and look around, you'll find there are plenty of opportunities for someone that has in ther prior life been entrusted with an $80 mill A/C and 400 lives. For years the Airline has told us we are expendable at their option and we have few skills that will carry us through in another career environment. I'm finding just the opposite. If your willing to try a change, go visit a coporate recruiter and let them know that anyday last week you managed 18 employees, 400 customer's concerns, with an $80 mil peice of equipment through several continents and got the job done. You'll find that even the MBA grads don't showup those skills.

And for the "ole gal" that ended my career early, get a life sweetie. There's a reason you have two ex-husbands, three ex-man friends, and two son's that seem to always argue with you. Dr. Phil isn't taking new referrals, but in your case I'm sure he make an exception. I'd asked for a cut of the royalties though, cause he sure to cash in on your story.

Thank you. I didn't know how much better it could be.

OosikMan