PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - white poppy
Thread: white poppy
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2006, 19:32
Tartan Giant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RED POPPY only

I am with Fg Off Max Stout and his idea where white poppies should end up!
RED POPPIES and for those wanting a white one - have a white feather too.
A Red Poppy to remember the fallen and support charity is a terrific idea, when people start linking it to defending freedom and democracy then I have a real problem with it. The vast majority of those folk the Poppy remembers were NOT defending anyone’s freedom!
I hope you choke on your "real problem" then mate! You have one hell of a mentality.
Peter Thompson, chairman of the Ipswich branch of the Royal British Legion and the Poppy Appeal organiser for Ipswich and district, said: “The red poppy doesn't promote war in any way. It's red for blood and has a black centre for grief."
http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/content/ne...19altern.shtml
Explained Mr Barrow:“However, the language and imagery about ‘fighting for freedom’ and ‘the glorious dead’ which often accompanies war remembrance reinforces a belief that violence is redemptive. We think that is a dangerous idea, that it contradicts the central Christian message, and that it is the root of a lot of our problems in today’s violent world.”
Ekklesia says that the white poppy has a universalism [ so "world war" ONE and TWO did not represent this universalism crap ] which the red one lacks for some people – it is not used in Germany, [ now I wonder WHY that is then - couldn't be because they LOST both wars?] and it is not understood by many Muslims, [then they need educating] for example.
Wear the RED POPPY.
We WILL Remember them.
TG