PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 9th Nov 2006, 18:06
Dan 98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fr Sim

Hi Embraer 195 & others,
I did the assessment at the end of Sept. The profile was the CLN 6B out of Luton on RWY 26. Establish onto the VOR at 4,000ft. Some general handling nothing too complicated. I got smoke in the toilet my sim partner got pax with a heart attack. Don't get to hung up on the check lists, what they are looking for is good comms between the PF & PNF and with the crew. NITS brief etc.... Remember to squawk 7700 etc.... and radio calls. Back into land on an NDB. I had no single engine stuff but did have to fly the hold and an entry. I know others who didn't. Just be prepared for doing it. If you're not familiar with the 737 get yourself in a sim. The sim at East Mids has an MCP like like you get on a 737-300, it will really help if you're familiar with this for the PNF role, as they look at your performance in both roles.
With regards to tech questions, these were based around aircraft flown: Seneca etc... And some basic stuff on NDB's and a couple of Met questions.
The instructors were all really friendly and relaxed, and I can honestly say I actually quite enjoyed it, better than being sat at home anyway!!
Good luck
Dan98