PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM AIRPORT - 3
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2006, 17:33
MME4eva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDG and NQY

UKLad I would have thought these two routes are viable and popular but perhaps only seasonal for NQY and a smaller jet for CDG but who could do these?

-NQY: Unless GSM 'do a Jersey' and offer this on a weekly basis as a first for their route network or it would have to be Air Southwest (routes for next year alreayd released and as u said no development with fleet or routes)

-CDG: Would really only be GSM again or as a long shot flyBE as a W rotation perhaps as an add on to their EXT or NWI flights? Real shame that DTV have-for the time-lost this route following the Gill Air/Air France venture and WW's go at the route (which I presume was quite popular given they hung on to it for more than one season?)

-GVA: Unlikely as WW tried and dumped it. Would definately like to see a winter ski charter but guess only time will tell!!

On the whole really hallp with the choice of routes at ex MME for this winter/next summer-a good broad choice of operators (not eggs in all one basket!) and destinations (i.e. bucket and spade and cheap city breaks/stag do's) as I'm afraid ON THE WHOLE if theres not sun or beer at the end of the route it just won't prove popular...contoversial I know but history proves it!