PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 30% pay rise??
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2001, 18:36
Roadtrip

After years of abuse by COMAIR, at least the pilots are now growing some cajones. I hope their fellow regional brothers will follow their lead. One should be able to make a viable career in a regional airline without having to appologize for the paltry salary they make.

Abuses like pay-for-training and training bonds and disgraces upon the industry. An airline pilot that gets paid less than a tube train driver is a disgrace and insult, and cheapens the entire profession.

It's about time that the UK and EURO pilots grow some cajones. They need to get control of BALPA from the company kool-aid drinkers and take charge of their own fates. Why do you allow the company to squander money down ab initio training programs when there are more than enough good experienced pilots waiting in the wings for a right seat with BA? Why should a BA captain turn into a instructor pilot for a 200 hour F/O?? How can BA pilots allow outsourcing of THEIR jobs, and just sit back in obedient submission. What you'll find is that you'll save the once proud "World's Standard" airline, BA, from becoming just another victim of inept management and complacency. It's not my place to tell you guys that, but I am anyway. Sometimes it takes someone from the outside to tell you you're being screwed. You ARE.

You guys have a lot of work to do. Get to it.

[This message has been edited by Roadtrip (edited 27 March 2001).]