PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lear 45
Thread: Lear 45
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2006, 06:08
CL300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by judy the rudder
Fresh out of F.S with a Lear 45 type, landed the sim no problems closed the levers at 50ft hold the pitch attitude no problems they said.Did the circuits the other day in the real thing wow (!)did the same and 'crashed' the aircraft onto the runway! After the 6 landing I felt like a marshmellow. left a look on the instructors face wondering had I really obtained a rating or had he got the wrong person in the plane! Damaged pride I felt crap afterwards can somebody tell this greenhorn what I am/am not doing I have an idea but any experiences out there would make this aviator fly again!
JTR - cheers!
You are actually doing nothing wrong, you are just applying the procedure used in test flying to certify the whole thing, close the throttle at 50 ft threshold, and land about 900 ft later at an impact of no more than 720ft/min... Certification.....Operationnal wise you will find that closing the throttle at 20 ft is a much better option, or cross the Threshold at +10 and close the throttle.... same energy on impact however regarding lawyer stuff, Vref + delta correction is a better safeguard. Lear 45 is floatting a little if you close the throttle too late, you will find what suits you with experience. the goal is to stop the aircraft only on the asphalt portion of the runway, it is usually not a good idea to use any stopways or clearways in this process

Well if you want to fly again of course !!

Remember : Stay OUT of the trees !