PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Carriers vs. CX
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2006, 02:50
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow.....talk about paranoia!

I have been to the 3rd floor many times...usually cap in hand followed by a 'please explain' ;-)

Chameleon, welcome to CX. It isnt the airline it was a decade ago but nor are any others. I ahve many friends in many airlines and I know I made the right decision/was lucky to come here.

A lot of people like mouthing on PPRUNE. If CX was so bad they would have left! Or maybe pilots are just the biggest whingers on earth?

For all its past inept HR practices, CX is financially run very well. There is none of your touchy feely HR stuff happening here. We have an open door policy apparently...I think that is so they can kick you out faster! You can easily look up the financials on the net to see that it is as safe a bet as any airline can be. Even during SARS we managed to make a profit. They ended up making so much they had to give us half a 13th month to save embarrasment!

I have many friends in C+T...I still believe the system is fair. There is something we like to call the 'Star Chamber' where the final decision is made on upgrades...that is where the system seems to come unstuck.

Anyway, just do the job to the best of your ability, whinge like hell when in the cockpit and downroute and you will fit in just fine;-)