PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class C radar direction
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2006, 02:42
Shitsu_Tonka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mjbow

We already have those US CTAFS here - they are not working (from a pilots perspective). Why is that? Are you saying Australian pilots are dumber than Americans?

Chris
The next time I am in a restaurant and the waiter comes to me if my meal is okay, shall I tell him to ask the cook, because as the end user of the product...I have no idea?
In this curious analogy, the cook is not the airspace manager - the cook is the air traffic controller. The owner of the restaurant is the airspace manager - and he has to keep ALL of his patrons happy over the course of running that business - not neccessarily just one diner who didn't like his meal.

Besides, you know that I am not saying pilots should have no say in the system. I am saying that their day to day job is not to consider the entire system and how it has to be managed for all - their day to day job is to consider how it should work for their particular operation - it is a much narrower perspective.

Please don't blame the ANSP in Australia for the farce that has occured over the last few years - they have had little say in it. It has been a game of politics, and you know it. And you know very well who the players have been.
---------------

Dick Smith does make some very interesting observations / claims in his letter to The Australian Financial Review:

Even when as minister John Anderson was right, he was too weak to deliver his policy outcomes. Government policy was to adopt world’s best practice where high density airspace (known as Class C) is used and install an approach radar facility, because without one, it is impossible to know with certainty the position of all aircraft in the vicinity.

Last edited by Shitsu_Tonka; 9th Nov 2006 at 04:41.