PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 8th Nov 2006, 23:44
biddedout

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Captskyboy.

Very sensible ideas. Just for info, due to many other previous company mergers takeovers and much past managment meddling it was decided that the various lists that were merged to form the BACX / bacon list were reset to contractual (continuous service date of joining). Once the lists were fianlly put together and accepted it was agreed that dates of joining would be removed to stop any more bitching abbout who worked for who and when. We just have a list of names in an agreed order.

Merging the two lists in contractual date of joining would perhaps be more correct, but I agree with you, there might be a tendency for this to favour one side due to differences in time served in each company.
Even though I could see that this might advantage me, I think you are right, we should keep it simple just merge these lists based on position only. 1,1 2,2, 3,3...

From our own experience in BAcon, luck and base counts for more sometimes than just seniority position. Some TP peope in Flybe may end up for a time on the Bacon jets if they move towards some of the larger Bacon bases. Flybe pilot should not understimate just how many Bacon pilots would be perfctly happy on a TP including many current Jet pilots - so long as the pay levels are sorted of course. Most of the big jet wannabees have already gone and done that now and most who have stayed simply want a proper regional lifestyle (not BA's potty touring rosters) and they will happily take a TP if it means getting back to their base that was slashed under BA rule. Many I am sure would like to flow back out of our few remaining "core" bases back to places like GLA, ABZ, the South West etc. many are only flying a jet out of BHX because that is where they were forced to go.
Likewise though, I think it is a little naive of some to think that just because the 190 was intended to replace the Flybee 146's, the 146 pilots will automatically go on it. I think the MD will tend to put these airframes into bases where they can be used most effectively. This will not necessarily mean that they will all be going to current Flybe bases.