PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class C radar direction
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2006, 22:30
Shitsu_Tonka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick Smith
That is, those pilots perceive that there will be a problem if they try to get a clearance through your Class D airspace (or presumably Class C if they are flying a bit higher).

Why do pilots have that perception?
Hmm - maybe from reading all your comments at face value Dick?

Anyway, why don’t you get Airservices to communicate to pilots (the ones that are skirting around the airspace) that if they call up they will get a friendly direct clearance? That would be a move in the right direction.
Agreed - an excellent idea. You just need to find someone who can communicate this to management. The Air Traffic Controllers would be all for it. They like providing the service.

Mjbow,

Once again, we see a group of controllers hi-jacking the most genuine attempt to drag our Airspace out of the dark ages..
Once again, CONTROLLERS are rubbishing the system and dreaming up every conceivable reason not to improve to a better system...
Don’t take this in any way to be an attack on our controllers. I agree with Dick here that we have among the most professional and skilled controllers anywhere
Hey, no offence taken buddy! Just let me know when you are going to next wrap a compliment in a chocolate coated fist.

On the CTAF's - it still sounds like you haven't flown in an Australia CTAF since the new rules came in last year - am I correct?