PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British KLM pilots to ballot for stike action
Old 8th Nov 2006, 22:29
h73kr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies for intruding in to an essentially flight crew thread. I am sorry to hear of all these issues, triggers memories of what was in my opinion and that of my former colleagues appalling treatment by 'blue' from the engineering side. A year and a bit down the line of redundancy things are however considerably better for me now, but I still have a bit of a chip on my shoulder for good 'ol 'blue', which as far as I'm concerned was a great dissappointment. I have fond memories of Air UK and it's crews, as well as KLCuk, so I hope this is resolved to everyones satisfaction. Several things stick in my mind from those days though 1- being told that KLM taking over Air UK would not result in 'us' just becoming an Amsterdam feeder!,(yeah, right) and 2 - receiving a fax in the office out of the blue -terrible pun-sorry! (intended for KLC rep.) stating that in a few months time care of the Fokker's would be undertaken by Martinair (in other words, goodbye to our jobs! Which was nice.

Anway, it's not an Eng. thread, I'll get me coat.........