PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class C radar direction
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2006, 21:35
mjbow2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris Higgins is absolutely right.

Once again, we see a group of controllers hi-jacking the most genuine attempt to drag our Airspace out of the dark ages and into the 21st century. Shame on all of you! As with Chris Higgins, I have experienced airspace and controllers on 4 continents including in the US for 7 years. I am not an airspace administrator, designer, statistician, or any other professional that considers and designs airspace but I am the consumer of these services and as such I have considerable experience as a consumer of the Australian product over several others. As a user of Australian airspace and ATC services, it does not come close to the system in place in the US. Don’t take this in any way to be an attack on our controllers. I agree with Dick here that we have among the most professional and skilled controllers anywhere, its just that they are using an antiquated and busted system with band aids stuck all over it from years on neglect.

****su-Tonka.

If you doubt my experience at busy uncontrolled airports or with any aspect of operating in NAS then I am sorry, you will have to live with it. I can tell you that I have flown, many hundreds of times at an uncontrolled airport that had daily aircraft movements right on the trigger point of class D (FAA trigger point, not Aus) using the mandatory and recommended radio procedures. That airport just recieved its tower last year! You seem convinced that pilots cannot use common sense in a CTAF.