PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France:- People's views
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2006, 21:28
SXB
Riding the Euro Gravy Plane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mealies
I travelled AF today, SXB-CDG-EVN and I have to say I was impressed with their product. I chose AF simply because they are one of the only airlines which operate a service to Yerevan (Armenia) which arrives at civilised hour - departs CDG 13.20 arriving EVN 21.00 local time, everyone else arrives in the middle of the night.

SXB-CDG was a A318 which was a little tired but a major airline like AF will always have a range of aircraft of different ages. Like you, I was also waiting in the security queue in 2F and all I saw was multi lingual staff working under difficult circumstances trying to enforce the new regs, all of them spoke english as well as a number of other languages. Try speaking French, Italian or German at Heathrow and see how far you get.

The CDG-EVN leg was a pleasure, the crew were great, actively encouraging passengers to drink water throughout the flight and explaining the need for water on such flights.

The crew for this particular flight are staying here in Marriott, the same hotel where I am staying, and I saw them all in the bar enjoying a glass of the local red wine together. They looked like a team, and I'm looking forward to the flight back next week.

I've been critical of AF in the past but my recent experiences of this airline have only been positive, very positive.