PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlantique
Thread: Air Atlantique
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2006, 18:43
redhotchilly28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello peeps..
AAQ (as space oddysey said) an 18hr watch, from 0600 til 0000.. The remainder is done by Atlantic airlines, which are a completely separate company, BUT are very close to AAQ..
As regarding the continuous recruiting, what space oddysey was and is partially true today.. but i have noticed a change in the ops training.. For the better..
The reason they are always recruiting in my opinion is because we employ Ops officers who want to be pilots, which is fair enough.. BUT when they get sick of AAQ Ops after 2 months, they decide to go off and get a flying job, which is fine, but why take on guys who want to fly unless you give them some sort of security to say that after X amount of months/years, they are guaranteed to fly.. At the moment.. the carrot was dangled, but nobody in my time stuck it out to see if the illusive job was at the end of the tunnel..
It is hard work, and you have to show your 'flexibility' with the company in order to reap the rewards.. Look at the fugs of past present and future.. we all bend over and do whatever we are told to do.. because you know if you dont, there are hunderds of people who would happily take your place.. with that mentality in mind, the company in general expect everyone to do the same.. regardless of what job you do..
Quote-Spaceodyssey: ''Its the Atlantic Way!!''
RH28