PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class C radar direction
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2006, 13:11
Spodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
…but it is official Government policy and it is a damn good document.
Said minister doesn’t seem to agree.

http://www.dotars.gov.au/aviation/ai...anagement.aspx

“But if we are to maximise the benefits of future stages, we will need to change how we approach its implementation.

Future stages will be implemented subject to the results of an enhanced analytical process, including cost-benefit and a single common risk management framework. This will include the use of an Australian Standard Risk Management Framework that is being formulated between relevant aviation agencies. Future reforms will also be subject to the results of closer consultation with stakeholders and take account of the impact of upcoming technological developments. The analysis will take account of developments in the airspace regimes of other jurisdictions, including within the United States and the European Union, to challenge our systems and approaches, and to help decide future changes in Australia.” (my bolding)

Like I said, in the catbox.
The implementation characteristics you are talking about I believe come from an Airservices Discussion paper V1.4.
So you don’t like them now and are walking away??? Or are you actively fighting against the ‘characteristic’ concept now. I wish I’d bought a program.
Surely it is obvious to you that the risk of collision below 4,500 feet is greater than the risk in the link airspace above?
I expect there would be more collision pairs if you analysed the traffic, but don’t agree there is more collision risk in the current, proven, airspace arrangements. Spin it how you like.
The minimum safe altitude alarm (or equivalent) in the TAAATS system would be enabled, and is only disabled when the aircraft reports that it is visual or on the approach.
You said earlier you wanted us to monitor the approach.
At the present time I don’t consider it sensible when I descend into a mountainous area (such as Proserpine) and be forced to change off the radar frequency when I most need it – that is, doing an approach close to mountains.
How will we do that with MSAW if we turn it off when you say you’re doing an approach? It isn’t actually practical to turn it off for each arrival, we will just have a new opportunity for frenzied beeping and “help! Help! Everything is normal!” messages from TAARTS. We will need to zoom in.
what would you prefer .. unilateral decision making ….
While your lengthy discourses are a good read Mr. Dog you have summed him up beautifully in 7 words. Well done