PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France:- People's views
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2006, 12:08
mealies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies

I wrote my original post soon after finishing my 30 hour (door to Door) trip and was feeling tired & Grumpy. I think i need to re-assess my comments. The trip out was on a 747-400. I am sure it had 4 engines and it had two decks. And the seating in Tempo was 3-4-3. I thought it was AF990 but it was the 11:45pm flight. I must also apologise, i did not mean to say AF gave my family food poisioning. I meant to say that the food did not agree with us, i was wondering whether i am being picky or do other people have a problem with it.

On the way back the 777 was a lot nicer and although my seat was ripped the plane looked a lot cleaner than the 747. I also agree that the Cabin Crew were excellent, the actual flying was supurb and the IFE very good. My comment about the movies not working was supposed to be a light hearted comment. Although very few of the movies would not play everything else worked excellently i was just amused out of the 12 movies 2 didn't play and those were the two my girlfriend wanted to watch .

I had two very bad experiences at CDG with the security line at 2f. On the way out shoes, belt off everything scrutinised and then to the desk for a thorough search, where the guy thought it funny to make racist cracks about the english. I Didn't find it funny due to the fact i was supposed to be boarding a plane at that moment. And again on the way back everything off bag searched then re-searched at the desk, with a surly member of staff who refused to speak english to me (she could speak english as she was talking to her collegue in english). Both times my girlfriend walked through without any hassles.

So i must apologise for my first rant i think the experience at CDG coloured my opinion of AF somewhat.