PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raf Lichfield (fradley)
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2006, 11:57
llanfairpg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evileyes
llanfairpg,

suggest you need to get a bit more specific with your request as it is a bit 'wide' for effective response. While other posters likely have knowlege of RAF Lichfield they don't know what you know or what books you reference.

Is there a particluar period or activity/unit that you are seeking info about? Did you live/serve there at one time and are trying to fill in memory blanks? Are you writing a book? If so what is it to be about? Are you seeking maps? Photos?

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Evileyes
Hi thanks
i am just generally interested in any info other than published in books(as i have all that) that anyone has about Fradley while it was operatonal from the war till around 1957,.
Could be a one liner or an autobiography, i am not fussy. Could be aircrew, groundcrew or anyone connected with it. For instance i once stayed with a Russian whose brother had been involved in building it!

I am not writing a book but it will most likeley appear on a web site evetually.

Ps i landed there in the 70s. Some pals were involved in the testing of the Dunlop Dunovo tyre in the 60/70s on the main runway which Dunlop paid to have resurfaced!