PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 8th Nov 2006, 10:59
issi noho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would I be the only one to think this turkey was carved up long ago. It really doesn't matter what mud gets thrown here about how it should be, it will be the reality that people have to deal with, and as the old interview question goes ' have you ever had to give somebody bad news - how did you do it'.

When BA took over BCal and Dans there were winners (not many) and losers amongst pilots and other staff. Those that won did so at the expense of somebody in BA. Over time these things get forgotten and those passed over will eventually get their promotion or type change. The difference here is it will be much easier to leave the new company provided the LOCO or other regionals suit you (assuming you think any other regional is safe from a similar situation).

No matter what co you are presently with you should be considering all your options right now to be ready to face the reality when you know what it is.
I can only guess but I imagine that this is probably true for the whole of the UK regional market, if not now certainly in the near future.

I don't know how many posters are senior managers, maybe a few, but there is a negotiating table here and I don't think there are any pilots (as we know them) are invited to it, as usual these days we will be told how we're affected after he event.

Whatever else BACON possessed (routes, customers, airport access) that was for BA to use trying to sell the business not for pilots to exploit to keep their staff travel, t's and c's.

IN

overpaid support staff central to the core business - as seen by management
pilot - as seen by the customer