PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 8th Nov 2006, 09:48
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fortunately, we are bringing a substantial amount to the flybe table - long established routes, prime time slots and several million passengers.
I think some of you need to take a reality check! First of all, there isn't any "table" - this isn't a negotiation. BACON have been bought, it isn't a merger, and flybe (and quite possibly flybe crews) will decide how the new guys are integrated. Secondly, those routes don't belong to BACON - anybody can fly on most of them, and I'm sure that flybe would have simply picked them up when BACON went to the wall (or competed on them if they wanted to hasten the demise of BACON). Just look at how quickly flybe deposed BRAL at SOU when they moved in there.

As for moving across on the same T & C's as the BACON crews currently have - dream on! Flybe is a LOW COST carrier, they aren't going to improve anything unless they absolutely have to. And remember, it isn't a merger, the BACON crews have absolutely no bargaining power here.

If I were a BACON pilot, I'd be getting my CV dusted off right now, because the only way is down with this acquisition. Lower pay, poorer T & C's, inferior equipment. Better than being unemployed, of course.