PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 8th Nov 2006, 09:29
rhythm method

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can understand why The Little Prince would feel that way although I don't agree with his drawing a line in the sand attitude.

Such intransigence will get us nowhere. Instead, a modicum of sense and logic applied can easily come up with other alternatives.

TLP is worried that he will be disadvantaged if/when the seniority lists are merged based on DOJ, as he previously worked for BACX before jumping ship to start at the bottom of the Flybe seniority list... I would feel aggrieved or worried too in his position.

The BACon crews definitely do not want to be simply tagged onto the bottom of the Flybe list, and who could argue with that? If you had served 10 or 12 years, to have a fresh 200hr recruit above you on the seniority list, when you have had such a 'change of company' forced upon you. Such a move would inevitably lead to an exodus of crew, and let's face it, Flybe NEED crew for a recently aquired massive expansion of their network. Flight cancellations were in the offing before this merger due to lack of crews. If you do this often enough you will lose your customers, and sound the death knell.

The merged seniority list could be achieved by DOJ of whichever company which is most beneficial to the individual. For example, TLP's position would be determined by his DOJ with BRAL. Any guys currently with BACon who were previously employed by JY/BE/Flybe would use that DOJ. Obviously with the proviso that it is based on a continual service with either of the companies, and they have not been to a third airline in the interim.

Food for thought.