PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi-crew Pilots Licence (formerly: South African Airway's plan to get co-pilots)
Old 8th Nov 2006, 02:27
MungoP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flopsie.
"Complete and absolute b**lox - read the previous posts as suggested by Scroggs and then return with an intelligent comment"

Despite your obnoxious phrasing I did take the trouble to read the whole page ( I'm assuming that 'Scroggs' wasn't commenting on something said 4 pages back ) and I stand by my statement. With one small arguable exception, a ref. to a 3rd world type licence ( which doesn't mean the contributor was under the impression that it WAS a licence designed for the 3rd world... the contributors appear only to be questioning the advisablity of the MCL as it maybe taken advantage of by SAA who have their own dubious agenda,

This is not a racial question, it's not even a debate about the lack of opportunities for white South Africans to fly for their national airline.. it's much more important than that... IT'S ABOUT SAFETY. That's what we're all concerned about in the forums as it's our livelihood and our lives and the lives of those we fly every day that may be put in jeopardy.

There is bound to be concern world-wide amongst existing aircrew at such a radical departure from the accepted forms of pilot training... and SAA's current misplaced enthusiasm for accepting Affirmative Action policies over safety, together with their inability to attract sufficient non white recruits of the required calibre will inevitably lead to close scrutinisation of their policies. That is what this is about, SAFETY.