PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 7th Nov 2006, 21:41
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somebody earlier in these posts was correct: BACON bring a lot to the table regarding routes and experienced pilots. Flybe pilots should also not underestimate the aspirations that will accompany the BACON pilots regarding more professional (though according to some, not more 'progressive'?) T & Cs. This is potentially a huge advantage to the long term aspirations of most flybe pilots.

What is obvious however, is that flybe have just been presented with the best Christmas present they could ever have wished for: The surrender of perhaps their closest competitor.

From my side of the fence, I too am disgusted!

What is uttter garbage, is the suggestion that BACON T & Cs somehow "helped to sink their current employer"

I know TLP is naive, but this is utter crap.

There are some significant debating points ahead, which will almost certainly be decided by commercial muscle, and not necessarily the grey areas of employment law!

If there is an alienation of ex BACON pilots, flybe pilots will not benefit in the way they otherwise could. If this is handled in an open and unprejudiced atmosphere, there will be benefits for all. Crucially because the two workforces are so similar in size. There needs to be an acceptance of 'fairness' on all sides.

If the normal 'tribal' influences hold sway however, this is going to be difficult to live through.

I wish all the very best.