PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 7th Nov 2006, 21:06
brain fade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apart from the fact that they make money, , FlyBE sound more & more like BACX/ Bacon but with a bit less pay and a lot more work.

I'm minded to split. Only a decent offer in T&C terms is likely to keep me.

I've no axe to grind and frankly I wish the new, combined airline only good luck and fair winds.

I'd like to see progress in;

1. Staff travel. How about existing concessions for say 5 years? Wont cost BA a cent.

2. Scheduling agreement. Much has been said about the BACon scheme, but.................... A hefty payment for a day off can often save a cancellation and result in a profitable situation for all.
Disruption payments can be avoided by good quality rostering. At BACon there was a sliding scale inasmuch as the disruption payments were reduced if they were occurring less frequently (due good rostering), but went back up if being overused (indication of short crewing or poor rostering).
This encouraged considerate rostering. Anyone got a problem with that?

3. Seniority. This is clear from all sides and I see the Flybe guys point too. Don't know how it'll turn out, but something acceptable will be negotiated I hope, otherwise the number joining Flybe will be less. Maybe that won't bother Mr. French tho'. After all he's been given a free airline so who cares who leaves? Not being cynical but there's a balance to be struck here, and it may suit Flybe for a lot of us to leave.

4. Pay. Flybe make a lot of money. I'm not taking a pay cut, especially as it sounds like Flybe pilots are flying their bollocks off!

Fingers crossed! It would be nice to just step over.

Last edited by brain fade; 7th Nov 2006 at 23:47.