PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 7th Nov 2006, 17:01
fudpucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck to all my old chums from Brymon days and yes, even to folks I met after Citiexpress was formed. A word of advice though, from the outside, I don't think that anybody is in a position to 'demand' anything ~ this deal has obviously been brewing for some time and IF BACON crews are still employed by BACON then BACON would be responsible for any redundancies etc. If I was JF then I would make damn sure that BA wields the knife and then I'd offer crews employment. If BACON ceases to exist then there is no TUPE protection (which is not actually worth the paper it's written on long term) and EZE/RYR could only hire so many pilots. I remember the angst (and anger) when the seniority lists of BRAL/MANX & Brymon were merged. There will be winners and losers, but if BACON crews start demanding the earth, then they will be the losers.
Good luck to all and as was said previously, let the dust settle before getting het-up about things.