PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Nov 2006, 15:34
fractional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...stay away from this place. It's sucks
You say the Co is alright (very important), I say (you didn't say it) housing is better than elsewhere (???).
Other than what you say about the night flying and the big machines what else sucks in a mega-fast growing (otherwise called world's largest construction site)?
I think it's important for one:
1. to feel reasonably(?) good at work, (what is reasonable for many? You can make it...)
2. to do a bit of saving rather than wasting your earnings in taxes and social security elsewhere that you never see again in many cases if you don't do your own,
3. to avoid shopping malls. 1 week visit to the a big supermarket and another visit to you friendly local convenience cold store,
4. to feel go at home,
5. to have your family with you if you have one,
6. to have (fast) a companion, so you won't be lonely,
7. to have the spouse working and helping the expenses where possible,
8. kids in school, etc..
9. a family car and another for the road to/from EK, etc.., always saving...
Believe me, there are worse places around. EK still has in the Gulf and Middle East aviation world the best package. The Gulf or the Middle East is not what used to be and it will never be it again.
As long as people continue to apply for these jobs, so meeting the demand, the package will not change. The rest of the story we know and the bean counters don't care. Take it easy.