PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Nov 2006, 13:08
chofuan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interview emirates

I just came back from Dubai. Great company and great people running the show. For me the written test was very easy, no tricky questions and basic general aviation knowledge questions. For the sim part you are going to get all the tools you need to succeed from the training capt (follow the directions and be yourself). youll be evaluated on your basic flying skills, navigation skills and CRM. During your sim session BRIEF, BRIEF, BRIEF. If you have any significant deviation take the appropiate action. For the interview have some of your stories ready and relax. It is a two way street, the want to see if you fit in their organization and you should see if that is what you want for your career and your family, remember that it si going to be a least a 3 year commitment since youll tied to the company by the bond (36.000us)
The interview is actually fun, you get to meet people from all over the world and you get to see a very different way of life, it is NOT for everybody but take it as a cultural experience.

I have to wait 4 weeks for their response, I hope I get the call from Emirates. Dubai is a great city but far from perfect, traffic is a nightmare and remember there is a construction going on everywhere in the city.

Only 3 out of 8 made it to the end in my group. Check the housing on www.siliconoasis.net

Good luck and enjoy UAE.