PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France:- People's views
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2006, 12:17
mealies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air France:- People's views

I recently flew with Air France to South Africa, it was ok but i was not impressed by Air France. I would like other people's views

My trip was Heathrow to Paris CDG to Jo'burg. On the way out it was a boeing 737-500 to CDG then a 747-400. The 737 was comfortable and the in flight snack not to bad, however the long trip was not so fun (flight AF990 29/10/06). my seat was 43K and had lots of legroon but everything was really tatty on this flight. The service was good but the food was awful. there were 8 family members on this flight and 4 on the flight the previous night and 6 of us were taken ill by the food.

On the way back (flight AF995 05/11/06) we were on a 777-300ER. Again the service was really good, however seat covers were ripped and the plane did look a bit tatty. The IFE was good with TV screens in the headrests however it was hit-or-miss whether movies worked on the screens, i could get movies which my girlfriend couldn't. However the best bit of the flight is that we sat in row 31 K & L and had the galley behind us which meant we could put the seats back and sleep, i didn't eat anyrhing on thr flight as a precaution. Probably over reacting but wanted to be safe. again to LHR the ticket stated aircraft type was 321 was very comfortable. good condition and food was good.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to explain why i had these strong opinions. I don't want to start any fights over carriers but want to know what other people think. I can't understand why the short & medium haul aircraft look so clean and tidy and the long haul don't

Andrew