PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Carriers vs. CX
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2006, 02:06
Sike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Would Agree...

I am off to my second interview at the end of this month and although I am not working for CX yet, I would have to say that I feel like the opportunity seems to be better than that offered by most American carriers. Look at the pay scales and QOL at the legacies now. Look at the fact that it will take you 2+ years at a legacy to make what you will make at CX your first year. Perhaps things will improve there in a few more years, but I don't want to spend 2-3 more years at a regional waiting for something that may never come along. I also feel like things are going to get shakier and shakier for the LCC's soon... possibly even SWA. They are going to be facing fierce competition from the dinosaurs who have returned to profitability and have expansive international networks. So, that leaves FEX and UPS... Well, good luck to anyone trying to get on with FEX. UPS looks nice, but I'm not sure I want to leave for 10-14 days at a time for many years of my life when I would eventually like to have a family.

My .02