PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class C radar direction
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2006, 23:00
Shitsu_Tonka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I support the case for more controllers if Class C airspace is required above Class D.
What about simply if the workload requires it? For example Class E above D may actually require more controller surveillance than Class C according to some risk assessments.

However you don’t answer the obvious question. If Class E airspace above Class D is the standard in the USA, Canada and parts of Europe, why can’t it be the standard here? You have not answered this.
Because we have Class C instead I suppose. Isn't this closer to the 4 lane freeway of airspace versus closer to the 'dirt road' airspace?

You also make no comment about the fact that Airservices Australia is operating Class D control towers with Class E above in the USA. Surely they would not do be doing that unless it met adequate safety levels.
I think it meets the USA standards.

If Class C airspace is required above Albury, why is it that Class G airspace is accepted for Avalon? That is, right in the circuit area with lots of small planes mixing with jet airliners and with no air traffic control at all – simply “do it yourself” radio calls. This system is not allowed anywhere else in the world as far as I know. It is interesting that you never make a comment against it. I would have thought that you could do this using your pseudonym, as it is hardly likely to threaten your job.
You assume a lot. I actually agree with you - Why isn't Albury Class C by now?!