PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class C radar direction
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2006, 22:27
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
Creampuff, you state:

It’s pretty clear that John Anderson’s decision to give the direction to AA, on the eve of the issuing of the writs for the last election, was intended to keep you on side for the duration of the election.
Could you be judging John Anderson on what you would do in the same circumstances? I believe John Anderson issued the direction because he wanted Airservices to comply with Government policy that he had put through Cabinet.

I also believe that there is evidence to show that John Anderson saw political risk in allowing Airservices to go ahead with Class C airspace without radar when Government policy clearly showed that radar was required. No doubt John Anderson could see that it would be he, or a subsequent Minister, who would be held accountable if there was a midair collision in this airspace.

I take it as a great compliment that you give me powers that I clearly don’t have. It is interesting. I’ve heard others claim that the recent redundancies at CASA are something to do with me. This seems to be despite the point that some of my good friends at CASA have now been declared redundant!

Creampuff, you state:

If the direction is now revoked or amended, it's all academic really.
Yes, I agree, but what happens if it is not revoked or amended? It seems strange to me that in a two year period of Airservices constantly requesting for it to be revoked or amended, that this hasn’t happened.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment about my alleged powers.