PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Carriers vs. CX
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2006, 21:21
Chameleon161

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American Carriers vs. CX

I'm happy to say that I made it through the interview at CX, and am excited to start class soon! I have many friends and co-workers trying to get their foot in the door at several North American carriers, but all in all, it seems that CX is the place to be, is it not? I'm really hoping to get some insight into the life at CX...the major carriers in North America have poor pay (CAL starts you out at $26,000), you start on reserve, and the medical has been deteriorating...these are some of the main factors that I have come up with. The industry is a constant sine wave that hinges on contracts, fuel costs, handcuffing by management, and other variables. So, the options in North America are initially limited, but unfortunately one can't predict the long term effects. I've looked at all the options, and see CX as a great opportunity for a career. Just like at any other airline, there are hiccups. Training, not doing the job right, etc., can lead to a bad rap with the company. But, I was curious as to how CX would compare to the North American majors? Any insight would greatly be appreciated! Cheers!