PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 3
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2006, 18:33
bmibaby.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by emababy
have heard on the rumour mill that after xmas baby will be charging pax to check in bags?
This rumour has actually been on the cards for some time, I think bmibaby management have just been waiting to see how easily accepted it was when flybe & Ryanair introduced the move. This follows bmibaby's policy of providing all the things that a legacy airline would provide on the route, such as; assigned seating, business lounges, a full bar service, 20kgs baggage allowance, but whatever extras you want you simply have to pay for them. I've also heard that proper meals such as English breakfasts may well be introduced in the near future, I suppose all things that help baby remain competitive with the likes of Monarch & flybe.

If the sixth aircraft does arrive, I'm wondering what new routes we can expect. My money is on us gaining a twice-daily Aberdeen (potentially killing off T3) as well as one or two of the yet-to-be-announced destinations from BHX. Perhaps the flybe/BACON merger may cause bmibaby to rethink EMA.