PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which chart are you using?
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2006, 17:46
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spent years in BA flying worldwide using Aerad approach charts, and Aerad airway charts for everywhere but the US/Canada which only came on Jeppesen airway charts. I never used Jepp approach charts until this year. Aerads are twice as legible, and seem to give all the important data accurately. I can't say I noticed many mistakes, and they are updated pretty frequently. I see some older dates on the Jepp approach charts! The other big pluses- the airfield/approach charts are bundled into booklets for busy terminals, and the paper is thicker than 1940s style toilet paper. It is so useful having just a few coloured contours with occasional spot heights- think coming into Bogota, Chambery (4 1/2 degree ILS glideslope), Caracas, MEX, Hong Kong, Seychelles and esp. Mauritius. I'm surprised Jepp actually considered contouring and rejected it. But as we end the era of paper approach charts, perhaps it will be put right with EFBs for all! Everything on a laptop (just don't spill your coffee on it).

Can someone explain what, and who, are Lidos and EAGs?